Silent Auction Ground Rules
By participating in the Silent Auction, you accept the following rules:
- To place a bid on an item, find the bid sheet associated with the item. Complete ALL of the required information, including your name and the table number assigned to you at check in. The information is essential to identify and locate you during the Ball, in order to insure that you receive all items you have won. If you fail to include all requested information, you may forfeit your bid and the item will go to the next highest bidder that met the requirements.
- Bidding will open at 4:30 p.m. and will close at 6:30 p.m. There will be an announcement at 6:00 p.m. to indicate that the bidding will close 30 minutes. At 6:30 p.m., all bidding will cease. The determination of the closing time is final and cannot be challenged. Our auction volunteers will strictly abide by the close of bidding and will not accept late bids.
- There is a mandatory minimum for each item on the bid sheet. Bids below the minimum will be raised to match it. There is also a mandatory bid increase increment for each item. A bid that is less than the required increment will be raised to satisfy the mandatory minimum bid increment. All sales are final. No exchanges or refunds on auction items are permitted.
- All accounts must be settled before the end of the event! During dinner, our volunteers will approach your table to inform you of your winning bid(s) and ask you to return to the Auction Room to settle payment. The volunteers accept cash, checks or credit cards (Visa, Mastercard and Discover). If you prefer, the volunteer will accept payment at your table, however, due to low light levels, the volunteer may take your credit card back to the auction desk to process payment. The volunteers will bring the item(s) to you after they are paid for. Please take your items with you as the volunteers cannot help you get the items home. Once you receive the items, their safekeeping is no longer the responsibility of the auction.
- Unless otherwise specified, all Auction items and services must be used within one year after May 15, 2011. Unless otherwise specified, dates and times are to be arranged at the mutual convenience of the donor and the buyer.
- If you have questions, find a member of the auction team (we’re all wearing name tags). We will be happy to help you.
- Thank you for your generous support of the MCDCC. 100% of your winning bids go to help the local Democratic Party. So have fun and let auction fever take control.
*Donations to the MCDCC are NOT tax-deductible