Statement of Organization
The Purpose of the
Montgomery County Democratic Central Committee
- To promote individual freedom in the framework of a just society
- To promote political freedom in the framework of meaningful participation by all citizens
- To afford all members of the Democratic Party full, timely, and equal opportunity to participate in decisions concerning the selection of candidates, the formulation of policy, and the conduct of other Party affairs
- To promote fair campaign practices and the fair adjudication of disputes
- To promote democratic government, social justice, and economic opportunity for all citizens
- To promote and elect the nominees of the Party for local, state, and national office
- To act as the official voice for the Democratic Party in Montgomery County on all questions of public policy; and
- To promote open and free elections.
BY-LAWS OF THE MONTGOMERY COUNTY DEMOCRATIC CENTRAL COMMITTEE
Objectives – The purpose of the Committee shall be to act as the governing body of the Democratic Party in Montgomery County, Maryland. This committee shall have full power and authority to act in respect to all matters pertaining to the organization, maintenance, conduct, affairs and interests of the Democratic Party in Montgomery County, Maryland. It shall be the responsibility of this organization to promote, establish and conduct political campaigns in Montgomery County, Maryland for the nominees of the Democratic Party and to act as the official spokesman for the Democratic Party in this County on all questions of public policy.